The well known Google Camera or GCam for Redmi Note 5 Pro is now available to download. As of now there are many versions of GCam available which is brought to you by Arnova8G2, Parrot043, onFire.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Redmi Note 5 Pro
- GCam 7.2
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.3
The Google camera 6.3 brings Night Sight feature and the GCam 7.x has brought the Astrophotography mode to the Redmi Note 5 Pro including other popular features of Google Camera. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android, Oreo, Pie and Android 10.
Status of Redmi Note 5 Pro Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Nothing reported yet
To enable Camera2 API you can flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using a custom recovery.– To be able to flash the Camera2 API zip file, your phone need to be bootloader unlocked and a TWRP recovery has to be installed.
Where to Download GCam for Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Below are the many working GCam ports available for Redmi Note 5 Pro –
GCam 7.0 Download
– Select the PMGC_7.0.009_IgniVersion_V3.1.apk file from the select file drop down menu and download the file
GCam 6.1 Download
– This build of GCam APK 6.1 comes with a pre-built configuration file which has optimal settings for Redmi Note 5 Pro Google Camera app.
– Download the whyred-1.7.xml config file from the above download link and follow the how-to install guide in the next section
GCam 5.x Download
– Reported to be working on MIUI 10 Global stable ROM
How to Install Google Camera on Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Download both the GCam apk and the xml file from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK on Redmi note 5 pro.
For example: if you have downloaded the apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this sourceSee the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- The 6.1 Google Camera app has a pre-configured config file. To install that follow the below guide.
How to Install xml config file on GCam 6.1?
- Download the xml config file from the above download link of 6.1 GCam apk for Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Once Google Camera is installed, create the following directories on the ROOT of your phone's internal memory and copy the xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the app and click on the blank space beside the capture button in two fingers.See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, tap on RESTORE to load the config file.
Of course Redmi Note 5 Pro is an outdated phone but still it gets the latest Android via custom ROMs.
With that, it will also get the latest Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 5 Pro. This page will always have all of the compatible GCam updates for the phone.