Recently launched Poco X4 Pro is a mid ranger phone with a running on Snapdragon 695 5G chipset which now supports the latest GCam APK.
This GCam is quite different from the GCam on Poco X4 GT as the other phone is running on Mediatek Dimensity 8100.
It comes with a triple camera setup, out of which the primary camera is 108MP, an 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro shooter. The stock has a good camera software but that can be further enhanced with a GCam APK mod.
In fact, there are few compatible Google Camera / GCam mods available for the phone which are brought to you by Nikita.
Available version of GCam
With every Android major version update we get a major update of the Google camera as well.
In between, there are some minor version release of the GCam also comes, so I am listing out all available versions of the mod for Poco X4 Pro so that you can get to know when we have an update, right from the below list.
- GCam 8.2.300 (Latest Version)
What Extra Do You Get on Google Camera?
People know the GCam app from couple of years since when it had the HDR+. And then the camera app has evolved significantly.
Below are some of the extra features that you can expect to enhance your existing camera setup on the Poco X4 Pro:
- With Night Sight mode you get better exposed low light images from the camera.
- Astrophotography mode used to capture the sky and celestial bodies in the dark. Not for everyone, but worth mentioning in thia features list.
- Multi-mode video stabilization
- HDR+ brings much images in a condition where you have much broghter or darker regions in the scene.
- DSLR like bokeh effect with GCam’s portrait mode.
- RAW image capture so that it can be edited in the post
Compatibility Status of GCam on Poco X4 Pro
– All basic features
– Image capture works
– Portrait mode works
– Night sight capture works
– Video recording works
– Nothing reported yet
How to Install Google Camera on Poco X4 Pro?
- Download any compatible GCam APK for Poco X4 Pro from the download link(s).
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android 10 or later version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the APK file.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded Gcam app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera on the phone.
Manual Settings needed for this Google Camera on Poco X4 Pro?
This GCam port out of the box captures green photos. to fix that you need to change the below settings:
– Go to Settings > More Settings > Advanced > Google AWB mode options > Turn on AWBGains
Now, below settings are not necessary as such but you can tune it get the most out of this app:
– Go to Settings > toggle Google AWB setting to Auto and set HDR+ to HDR+ Enhanced
– Go to Settings > Photo > HDR+ Enahnced Frames > set it to 30 or a number of frames that suits you.
Setting HDR+ enahnced frames to 30 means, the app has not take 30 photos to produce 1 image. This is important to get a better photo but it will slow down to capture an image. Turning this setting on is not mandatory!
New features and updates of the GCam mods keep coming, hence there could be many versions of the GCam available for the Poco X4 Pro today and in future. This page will always list all the compatible Google Camera versions for the phone.