We have a couple of working port of Google Camera for Galaxy A71 available to download. This is a GCam APK port for Galaxy A71 which is brought to you by Arnova8G2, Parrot043, and Urnyx05.
This build of Galaxy A71 GCam APK has all the basic features working. For known issues, see the issues list in the next sections.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Galaxy A71.
- GCam 8.1 (Latest Version)
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.2
The GCam 8.1 for Galaxy A71 is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The Google camera 6.2 brings night sight and the GCam 5.1 provides HDR+ processing along with other features. The GCam 6.2 is ideally built for Android Pie and the GCam 5.1 can work on Android Oreo or Nougat as well.
Astrophotography feature was introduced in Google Camera 7, hence you get the same on this Galaxy A71 GCam, in addition, you get other features such as HDR+, ZSL, Super Res Zoom, Night Sight, Slow motion, Timelapse etc.
Astrophotography mode samples captured on Google Camera[rl_gallery id=”103755″]
How to Install Google Camera on Galaxy A71?
- Download the GCam APK from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Pie or 10 version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone. Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Pie for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Galaxy A71.
How to Install xml config file on Galaxy A71 GCam?
- Download the xml config file (samsung-galaxy-a71.xml) from the above download link for Galaxy A71 Google Camera.
- Once the GCam is installed, create the following directories on the ROOT of your phone's internal memory and copy the downloaded xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter) under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs7 (C in capital letter) under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the GCam app and double tap near the blank space beside the shutter button.See the below image to get an idea where to tap:
- When prompted, select the config file and tap on RESTORE to load. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Galaxy A71 Google Camera?
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this GCam APK. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end and enable Astrophotography Mode under Astrophotography settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera version 7.0 and up comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
Try other GCam APK for Galaxy A71
New version(s) of Google Camera was never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app. You can try other GCam from various developers or from the huge device specific list.
- Google Camera APK (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
That's all for the Galaxy A71's Google camera with astrophotography mode enabled. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Galaxy A71.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy A71. Keep visiting this page for more updates.